Search This Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weddings in Mishawaka

It's nice when my schedule works out to have two weddings directly across the street from one another on the same day!  The first ceremony was at Albright United Methodist Church in Mishawaka.  This is my beautiful Webster Laurel Leaf harp set up in the sanctuary:



The only member of the bridal party was the flower girl, and she entered to Bach's "Sheep May Safely Graze", with the bride processing to the traditional "Bridal Chorus" - also known as "Here Comes the Bride" by Wagner.  The recessional was the Czech-Bohemian folk song "I See You My Beloved".

After that wedding concluded, I hurried the harp over the river to Beutter Park.  For prelude and postlude, the bride requested popular and upbeat songs, including:
  • Somewhere Over the Rainbow from "The Wizard of Oz"
  • What a Wonderful World
  • Love Story by Taylor Swift
  • All I Ask of You from "Phantom of the Opera"
She chose traditional music for the processionals (Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring for the families, Canon in D for the bridal party, and Bridal Chorus for the bride) and recessional (Wedding March by Mendelssohn).  For the unity candle, they went for a popular contemporary song (I'm Yours by Jason Mraz).  It was a beautiful afternoon for an outdoor wedding!

No comments: