Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Central Illinois Harpist - Wesley Chapel Harp Music

After playing a wedding this past weekend in Effingham, Illinois, I made an extra side trip to Jacksonville, Illinois to visit my wife's sister and grandmother.  I hadn't seen either of them in a long time so it was nice to pay a visit to Jacksonville.

While there I had learned that my sister-in-law had been "volunteered" for special music Sunday at Wesley Chapel United Methodist Church.  Her original plan was to sing a trio along with my father-in-law and mother-in-law.  Seeing how I happened to have a harp with me, the plans got changed pretty quickly!



We ended up performing "Be Thou My Vision" in a unique fashion.  My sister-in-law sang the piece, but the performance started with me playing the harp for the first verse, her singing a cappella for the second verse and then a combination of harp transitioning to piano and singing for the third verse.  The piece finished with a nice fade of me playing the last line on the harp.

The harp is a very versatile instrument!  Visit our website, Jacksonville, Illinois Harpist for more information.

1 comment:

Sarah's Smile said...

I'm sure it was beautiful!