Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Funeral Harp Music ~ Rensselaer, Indiana

The music of the harp is perfect for a funeral ~ it is the instrument of angels!  It is a soothing and ethereal sound, and doesn't overpower conversation while friends and family reminisce.  For this service, I played during the visitation and the funeral.

The service took place at Jackson Funeral Chapel in Rensselaer, Indiana.  During the visitation, the family requested mostly classical and folk pieces, including:
  • Arioso (Bach)
  • Largo from New World Symphony (Dvorak)
  • Pavane (Faure)
  • By Kells Waters (traditional Welsh)
  • Suogan (traditional Welsh)
  • Hymne (Vangelis)
  • Finlandia (Sibelius)
  • Prelude in C (Bach)
The service was filled with remembrances from family members, friends, and business associates.  In between, I played two solos ("Meditation" from Thais by Massenet & Schubert's "Ave Maria") to provide some time for reflection.

Planning a funeral is never easy, and I am always honored when families ask me to play for their loved ones.  Depending upon my schedule, I may be available for last-minute services, memorials, and graveside ceremonies.  Please visit my website, Funeral Harp Music, or call 1-877-HARP-578 for more information about music for funerals and visitations.

No comments: