Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Being Center Stage


Last night, I performed a solo concert for the series at the Lincoln Township Public Library in Stevensville, Michigan. It was a totally new experience for me! Usually, when I'm playing for weddings, I'm not exactly the center of attention - I leave that to the bride! Although temporarily terrifying (my poor husband had to put up with a VERY nervous wife all day!), once I got started playing I really enjoyed myself. I just had to remember that this was probably one of the few times most people will get the opportunity to hear a harp in person. It was a chance for me to share my love of music and this instrument with an attentive audience, instead of being the "living floral arrangement" that I sometimes become at parties! I also had a wonderful time after the concert chatting with the attendees (including a couple of other harpists!). I'm not sure how often my husband will want me to give concerts, but now that this first one is under my belt, hopefully I won't be as nervous for future ones!

No comments: