Search This Blog

Monday, April 04, 2011

Dinner Party Harpist - Strongbow Inn Valparaiso, Indiana

Recently, I got the chance to play background music for a dinner reception at the Strongbow Inn, located in Valpariso, Indiana. While I have played at Strongbow Inn many times before, and have played dinner or reception music for several events, this one was a first for me in a unique way!

It was a first for me in the fact that I've never played for an 8th grade girls' and boys' basketball team dinner. The teams were visiting the Valparaiso area to participate in a tournament at Valparaiso University. I may have been hired by the adults at the dinner, but it was the kids who had the most questions for me about the harp.

During the event I played many popular selections that some of the members of the boys team that happened to be sitting by me were able to recognize and name the pieces that I played. What made this event truly great was that they were able to put the whole thing together in a matter of days, including hiring me the day before!

If you are ever in need of a last minute harpist or musician for your event, just contact us!

No comments: