Every Spring, all of my harp & piano students prepare to perform in a formal studio recital. This year, it took place on April 27th at the Evangelical Covenant Church in South Bend, Indiana.
Several families had other commitments that night (other performances & a couple of church confirmations), so a few students are missing from our group picture!
The pieces performed included (with students' names in parentheses following the title and composer's name):
- Turkey Talk; Kevin Costley (Anna B.)
- Zoo on Saturday; Mary Leaf (Rylie W.)
- Beginner's Waltz; Laurie Riley (Jaedyn H.)
- Mischievous Monkeys; Elizabeth Greenleaf (Yarden K.)
- Waltz in Fa Majeur; W.A. Mozart (Alyson D.)
- Prelude in D Minor; Elizabeth Greenleaf (Mark B.)
- Little Cloud; Kevin Costley (Claire C.)
- Gymnopedie No. 1; Erik Satie (Camille A.)
- Asturiana from 12 Spanish Dances, Op. 5; Enrique Granados (Camille A.)
- Outplanet: The Final Battle; Edwin McLean (Joseph D.)
- The Enchantment; Edwin McLean (Hadas K.)
- Navajo Legend; Kevin Olson (Lara C.)
- Oh, So Blue!; Christopher Goldston (Emma H.)
Following the recital, awards were given to students who participated in last fall's Achievement in Music festival and who won the Music Passport prizes in the studio. Afterwards, everyone enjoyed a reception in the lobby with made-to-order coffee beverages from the American Espresso Company's coffee cart. We've had them for several recitals, and it's always a hit with students and parents!
For more information about lessons, visit: